It's cool... whatever it is.
It's a nice...patch.
Those are the words from my darling supportive husband.
It was a learning experience in the following ways:
- how quickly organized becomes chaos
- realizing how many solids I actually have
- sewing curves
- making a paper pattern and realizing one must include seam allowances when cutting
- my machine does not like to sew slowly
- need to learn more about art quilt binding...or rather, have patience to learn more about art quilt binding
- still hate Guterman cotton thread, and still adore Aurifil thread. (and no, there is no giveaway coming up...I just plain adore the thread and so does my machine)
Yes, the edges are curved. I could tell you I did that on purpose. I did not. But I went with it...you see, I quickly made a paper pattern without thinking or planning. That's all.
So in response to my husband's "uses" that this has. *ahem*
a lovely tree ornament
A stunning fixture above the doorway...reminding me that I'm A, the alpha of the home...
A chef's dream for resting precious cooking utensils
A Mug Rug.
It's a cookie rest.
I had quite a giggle about it all. Alot of work, alot of learning, alot of quirky comments between dear husband and I.
Back to my normal quilting....